Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

is it possible to run a bulk job to reopen a set of requests at one time?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
JudyZhu
Super Contributor.

is it possible to run a bulk job to reopen a set of requests at one time?

Our customer wants to reopen a set of closed/cancelle projects, make some update, close/cancel those project again.

However our customer does not want to do it for each project maually one by one.

Since there are many projects in request, is it possible to run a bulk job to reopen them at one time? Or is it possible to run a bulk job to move a set of requests to a specified workflow step?

Judy

6 REPLIES
Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: is it possible to run a bulk job to reopen a set of requests at one time?

Hi Judy,

Both of them possible (I think).

1. You can take mass action on requests by using mass update from search screen (have a look enclosed screenshot). 
  2. You can do mass move on workflow with ksc_move_request_workflow command. This command can take only one action at a time. But you run it from OS command line and using a loop: use kcrt_request_util.move_request_workflow with sqlplus. OR maybe you can use this method to run the command : ksc_run_java com.kintana.core.server.execution.CreateProject -projectName "[REQ.P.KNTA_PROJECT_NAME]" -projectTypeName "[REQ.VP.KNTA_PROJECT_TYPE]" -startDate "[REQ.P.KNTA_PLAN_START_DATE]" -endDate "[REQ.P.KNTA_PLAN_FINISH_DATE]" -projectManager "[REQ.P.KNTA_PROJECT_MANAGER]" -region "[REQ.P.KNTA_REGION]" -requestID [REQ.REQUEST_ID] -userID [SYS.USER_ID] -userName "[SYS.USERNAME]"

PS: If the post resolves your issue, please click KUDOS star icon and mark it as Accepted Solution.

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
JudyZhu
Super Contributor.

Hi Celil,

I have tried the option 1 to select several Closed/Cancelled projects and click Mass Update botton. I got following warning message: 

No Available Actions
Please select Requests having the same Active Workflow Steps.

What I need is to reopen Closed/Cancelled projects.

As for the option 2, how about several projects which will follow seperate sub-workflow depending on specified field value?

Judy

Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Depending on what you're trying to change, it may be easier to just update them without opening & closing them...?

JudyZhu
Super Contributor.

Hi Eric,

What we are going to do is to load Actuals to Financial Summary with PPM Web Service.

Unfortunately PPM Web Service does not support this kind of Financial Summaries whose parent projects are already Closed or Cancelled.

Then we are thinking abou the way to do a bulk job to reopen those projects, load Actuals to Financial Summary and then close them again.

Any other thoughts?

Judy

Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

If it's a very large number, you could probably script it using the KWFL_WORKFLOW_INSTANCE_SET.reopen_instance_set function, but it might take longer to do & test that then to just re-open them manually.

JudyZhu
Super Contributor.
Solution

Hi Eric,

How can I find th usage or detailed information on KWFL_WORKFLOW_INSTANCE_SET.reopen_instance_set function?

Judy