Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to restrict the user to add attachments in the references section?

Highlighted
Shravan Kathuri

is it possible to restrict the user to add attachments in the references section?

Hi

Is it possible to restrict adding attachments in the "references" tab of the project?

Thanks
Shravan kumar.k
3 REPLIES
Vinod Jadhav
Regular Collector

Re: is it possible to restrict the user to add attachments in the references section?

ITG has one validation 'References'. Disable the 'Attachment' option and see if it solves your purpose. I think, it should work but please validate.

Hope this helps!
Vinod
Shravan Kathuri

Re: is it possible to restrict the user to add attachments in the references section?

If i will change the validation "References", it will impct at all references sections.(i.e.,at project level,task level,request type level..).
I want to disable this "Attachment" at only Project level.

We have a requirement where we need to restrict the user to add attachments( docs,spreadsheets,..) in the references tab of projects/tasks.The user should select only request,project,URL options.How can we achieve this.Important point is , if we able restrict the user to attach docs in the project references, it should not impact the references section of the normal requests.

For this i have modified "ViewProjectReferences.jsp" page and disabled the references section.But the problem here it is impacting other project types also.Is there any way to restrict this change to only for one project type.

(Or) Is there any jsp standard method to get the project type name of the particular project.

Thanks
Shravan kumar.
Nagy Istvan
Occasional Contributor

Hi Vionod,

I have treied your idea...it looked fine. I have modified one of the References lookup_type : eg. URL

The workbench shows that specific validation item DIASBLED....

But the add new reference drop down still has that item in the list...

- I have deleted cache on PPM, on IE, in JAVA

- Rebooted

- cleared tmp and work..

But still...

What could be the trick ?

Thanks a lot

István

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event