Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to restrict BO reports to display only allowed requests for a given user

Highlighted
dokhelar
Occasional Contributor

how to restrict BO reports to display only allowed requests for a given user

we are in PPM 9.12 and have installed BO Operational Reporting software.
We want to create BO reports based on Kernel Source universe provided by HPPPM, and particularly on Requests information ((+ Request header Custom param and Request Detail custom param).
In PPM, we can in a portlet limit displayed results to  the list of requests allowed to the connected user (using the package KCRT_PARTICIPANT_CHECK).
In BO Reporting, we wonder if the same thing is possible.
In positive case, what is the solution ?

regards
 F.Dokhelar

4 REPLIES
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Re: how to restrict BO reports to display only allowed requests for a given user

Hi Dokhelar,

You can use @Variable('BOUSER') which will detect the current user from repository. BOUSER will return the user name of the person currently logged in to InfoVIew. You could create a filter object in the universe that uses the BOUSER variable. Your object would have something like;

transaction_user = @Variable('BOUSER')]

Add this filter to you report.

PS: Please keep alive our forum via KUDOS the professionals.

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
dokhelar
Occasional Contributor

Re: how to restrict BO reports to display only allowed requests for a given user

Hi

Thanks for your answer.
Your answer explain how to detect the current user from repository.
But my question is more precise : we need to develop reports using the Request information provided in kernel source universe ( = Request information + Request Header custom parameters +  Request Detail custom parameters).
We need to provide BO reports displaying data related to requests..
I don't see in the kernel universe data related to the security on requests (i.e. users or groups allowed to view the requests in PPM).
So I have the feeling that we cannot in BO reports restrict the list of requests to the ones allowed to the connected user, based on the security rules defined in PPM for the request type.
Can you confirm me that all BO users can see all requests, while in PPM a user can see only the requests available for his profile ?

regards

F.Dokhelar

Celil
Esteemed Contributor

yes I confirmed. Our all project managers can see all projects even they have not permission in PPM.

Do not limit yourself with OOTB universe. You should create additional universe. We have created everything ourself. Then try to use BOUSER.

In Addition to that I'm not BO professional but PPM professional. But I know BW and BO structure, I have made project with them. So I can answer some of your questions but not low level technical BO question :)

PS: Please keep alive our forum via KUDOS the professionals.
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
ashu_21
Super Collector

Hi,

We want to use a BO Reporting.Can you guide me the procedure from scratch so that i can implement it in our project.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event