Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to restore association between MS project Gantt and PPM Center

Highlighted
igopepra
Acclaimed Contributor

how to restore association between MS project Gantt and PPM Center

Hello,

I would appreciate if you help with this.

I have a user that at some point has lost the association link between her MSP Gantt and PPM Center, now, each time she tries to update her project progress from MSP to PPM she sees the window used to upload a new Gantt.

It seems PPM doesnt recognize the old Gantt anymore.

Is there a way to restore this association link? How?

We are using PPM Center plugin v. 9.22 and MS Project 2010.

She has no problems with the rest of her projects, the link for those is ok.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES
Loc_Nguyen_PPM
Occasional Visitor

Re: how to restore association between MS project Gantt and PPM Center

Hi igopepra,

Could you, please try the following steps and check if the problem has been resolved:

Note: Try this  on your UAT enviroment first.

1. Remove the MSP plugin
2. Stop all PPM instances that are currently running
3. Delete all the content of the following directories:
PPM_HOME/server/<SERVER_NAME>/tmp
and
PPM_HOME/server/<SERVER_NAME>/work

4. Run sh kRunCacheManager.sh and flush all caches ("A")
5. Restart PPM
6. Reinstall the MSP plugin

Please let me know whether these actions have helped resolving the problem.

Hope this help.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Etienne_Canaud
HPE Expert

Re: how to restore association between MS project Gantt and PPM Center

Hi,

With all due respect, I don't think that following steps given in previous message will help in any way.

You can restore the link in a MPP Project by selecting "Project Details" in the plugin menu, and on the popup window there's a button to "Restore association".

If the button is greyed out, it means that either this file was never sync'ed with a PPM project, or that the PPM Link information (located in a Text field of the Project Summary Task) was moved or deleted manually.

If that's the case, then you can import the project from PPM to MSP in a new MSP file (you can do so by selecting the link to open the work plan in MS Project from the PPM Work plan page), and start working with this new file.

If you absolutely want to work with the original MPP file (if you have some important formatting for example and that you don't want to start working with a freshly imported MPP file), then you still have the last resort option of copying the PPM link data (an XML String) from the freshly mpp file to the file to sync (as said previously, this link data string is stored in a Text field of the Project Summary Task, which is not visible by default in MSP). I forgot whether it's Text1 or Text30 by default, but a quick check should give you an answer. 

Hope that helps,

Thanks,

Etienne.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event