Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

how to find the user who has deleted the request

Highlighted
Shaik Mohiuddin
New Member.

how to find the user who has deleted the request

How is it possible to trace the person who has deleted the request in PPM.Is there a way so that we can find
1)the user who has deleted the request.
2)date and time of the request deletion
3)request_id

and also the procedure to get all the values of the deleted requests

5 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: how to find the user who has deleted the request

Hello Shaik,
you would need to create your own audit table and a database trigger that copies the info you need to that audit table before the request is deleted.
Best practice would be to allow request deletion for admins only and to give the users the option to cancel requests only.
Regards
Sascha
Alan Delimon
Super Contributor.

As a general practice we don't allow any users to delete requests. Everything goes into a "closed" state where it cannot be modified by users. This has resulted in a LARGE number of requests and an ever growing database, though.
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

True, when I met some of the PPM dev team I asked them about an archiving function for closed requests with a certain age. So far this does not seem to be on the road map.
Fur sure archiving would improve performance greatly. Some time ago we filed an enhancement request, so let's see what happens.
Vasily Aksenov
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi
just as an example for HP PPMC developers.
In HP Service Desk there is the option to backup attached files when they are deleted by user. So it is possible to track deleted items.
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

You can have that for attachments in PPM as well, there is a server.conf parameter called ENABLE_DOCUMENT_CLEANUP_SERVICE which I think is set to false by default.
Nevertheless requests, projects, packages etc. will still be gone, if a user is allowed to delete them. From a "compliance" poit of view we cannot allow a user to simply delete entities in the system.
Regards
Sascha