The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create a request from Service Manager

Highlighted
eata
Regular Collector

how to create a request from Service Manager

Hi;

I want to create a request automaticly from Service manager.

In service manager a group leader will tick a check box and press create request button.

Than request will be created directly.

how can I create such a system.

==> I think ALM (application lifecycle manager) tool was used in the past. Now Connect- IT is used. Is it true?

(I am not sure If I need to open the case on Service manager forum, shall also open service manager forum)

Regards

6 REPLIES
AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Re: how to create a request from Service Manager

Hi,

check the Solutions and Integrations document bundled with PPM, chapter 4. Integrating PPM Center Requests with HP Service Manager Changes, Using ALM.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi Omer,

give Alex credit where credit is deserved.

The SM integration with PPM is based on different assumptions, so in order to create RFCs from Project tasks.

The integration setup between Service manager and PPM is explained in the attached solution integation guide from page 251, Chapter 8 – ‘integrating PPM Center Tasks with HP Service Manager RFCs.

I believe that the integration works differently in that A project manager creates a task in a PPM Center project, which initiates

an operational RFC in Service Manager and not that requests are created on PPM-side from an RFC inside Service Manager.

Thus I do believe that this is not possible directly.

I see that in the forum you also specify the same question. The ALM integration IS used to create requests in PPM but this is a full-blown Quality Center application, while connect-IT is more or less a connector. The Quality Center (ALM) 11 integration with PPM allows full bi-directional request creation capabilities and that should fulfill all your necessary wishes. This is also described in the solutions integration guide. Also attached you’ll find the 9.14 release notes that give you a full overview over the integration capabilities above what is written in the solution integration guide, since the ALM (QC 11) integration has changed quite considerably between 9.12 and 9.14 in respect to PPM.

Best regards,

Dirk

- Kudos always welcome -

dirkf
Honored Contributor

forgot to attach docs, sorry...

eata
Regular Collector

Thanks for replies.

I used demandservice webservice to update request.

This webservice has also create request attribute. In my opinion I can use this service from SM. Right?

I will repply I soon as I check the document.

Regards

eata
Regular Collector

can I trigger create request webservice from SM?

We have connect-IT tool. Can I use that tool?

Since the documents have a lot of theoratical wording, I need your practical experience.

Regards.

eata
Regular Collector

Here I am attaching the PPM web service.

There is an answer from SM forum.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Service-Manager-Service/how-to-create-a-PPM-request-from-Service-Manager/td-p/5606509

web sercice here:

MYPPMADRESS/itg/download/webservice/webservice_toolkit.zip

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event