I need information about create or execute some insert or update in PPM in the worbench.
You can run any executable thing or PL/SQL from workflow execution step or request type command tab (you know)
There is three way:
1) Call the function, which contain your update/insert step.
2) Can use SQL type execution step and can call the function like
ex. SELECT FUNCTION_NAME('[TOKEN_NAME]') FROM DUAL
In both case you need to define your code inside any Oracle function or package.
3) Use an execution step to build a script with 'ksc_begin_script', then execute it with 'ksc_local_exec sqlplus ...'
Here is an example update code for oracle:
CREATE OR REPLACEFUNCTION UPDATE_WORK_TITLE(title IN VARCHAR2, vtitle IN VARCHAR2, request_number IN NUMBER) RETURN VARCHAR2 ISBEGIN
UPDATE kcrt_req_header_details SET parameter21= title, visible_parameter21=vtitle WHERE request_id=request_number;
RETURN NULL;END UPDATE_WORK_TITLE;
PS: If the post resolves your issue, please click KUDOS star icon and mark it as Accepted Solution.
adding to Celil's post: you need to have direct access to the PPM schema in order to create such functions / procedures. This is not possible via the PPM workbench.
If you want to update or insert through function then ..
1) You can call a function in the execution step and pass the token of that field as a paramter to the function. You need to define this function in the databse schema that you are using.
2) You can use SELECT in the below manner, as suggested by Cecil.
SELECT FUNCTION_NAME('[TOKEN_NAME]') FROM DUAL
You can use as shown in the screen shot attached. It could be one scenario when you just need to update some values according to the passed parameter in the function.