Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

how can we get the projects which are closed in PPM (The projects which are integrated with QC)

Highlighted
Pachi
Super Contributor.

how can we get the projects which are closed in PPM (The projects which are integrated with QC)

Hi All,

We have PPM and QC integrated.

we would like to know  how can we get the projects or ITG's which are closed in PPM (The projects which are integrated with QC) by getting this information, we would like to de-link the projects from QC which are closed.

Regrads,

Pachi 9035707524

Regards,
Pachi
5 REPLIES
dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: how can we get the projects which are closed in PPM (The projects which are integrated with QC)

Hi Pachi,

I would either search by Project Type or Request Type, depending on the version QC and PPM, then you should get your results. Rquest Type you can filter on status 'closed', Project Type by the request status from the detailed search page.

How you detach the projects from QC is a different issue altogether which I can't really help you with. Without editing and bending the backend, I don't see how this can be done.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Dirk

- Kudos always welcome -

SureshR
Super Contributor.

Re: how can we get the projects which are closed in PPM (The projects which are integrated with QC)

Hi Pachi,

Put Project Type or Request Type in search section. Select the Incluse Closed radio button as Yes in the bottom of the search page. In this way you can get the closed requests.

Cheers!

Arjun_K
Super Contributor.

Hi Prachi,

With the first two responses you now have the idea on how to search & list the Closed projects. As an alternate solution you can also have

1.A simple Portlet created which lists all the projects. You will have to set the filters so as to list only the closed projects.

2. Run the ‘Project List’ report which will list out all the projects – note that you will have to set the filter before running the report.

Regards,

Mallikarjun

Warm Regards,
Mallikarjun.S
Pachi
Super Contributor.

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs on this.

But my question is, i would like to know how to find the projects which are integrated with QC and is closed.

Regards,
Pachi
dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.

HI Pachi,

first of all, it would be good to know if you are using MAC or ALM - this is decisive on the integration. If you are for instance using ALM, you have certain Request Type templates taht are linked to QC and you can filter on those.

You can also use he data model guide for your respective version and create a query that brings back the data based on the tables. For 9.1, the tables with most information would be KCRT_FG_QC_INFO as well as KCRT_FG_QC_INFO_INT, where you find all kinds of data about the integrated request type id, request type, qc information etc.The data model guides for all supported versions are found on the self solve manuals section and provide all the necessary data.

If this doesn't help, a better explanation of what your are intending to do with the information as well as the versions of QC and PPM you are using might help in isolating your question to the relevant part.

Best regards,

Dirk

- kudos always welcome -