Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting a jsp to read parameters from hp ppm web pages

Highlighted
elaw
Occasional Contributor

getting a jsp to read parameters from hp ppm web pages

We need to be able to run a jsp from HP PPM page, that extract the curent project id or name, and the current task id, and task related information. I know PPM has web services. Can we get a hint 1st is it feasable-2nd a starting point
4 REPLIES
Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

Re: getting a jsp to read parameters from hp ppm web pages

I've created JSP pages and embedded them in IFRAMEs on a Project Details page. When one field was changed, it updated (aka rewrote) the HTML code that created the IFRAME and call to the JSP so that the data in that field was passed to the JSP Page. I don't know if that's what you are looking for, but it may spark something to get you where you are going.
elaw
Occasional Contributor

Fairly close. what I need to do is gather data from the project and the current event, then call a jsp that activate webservices from a total different system and pass on the parameters, the other system takes over and interact with the user, till it finishes its tasks. then the ppm webpage gets back in focus.
I am new to PPM can you share how can you embeb the jsp in the iframe pages of the PPM. I understood that 9.7.1 uses portlets if you are using portal. I may have wrong info. if you have sample that you are willing to share I would apreciate that
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

If you are needing to dynamically create a hyperlink for another system that would include field values from PPM then you could (in PPM 7.5) use a hyperlink field where the link text is generated/updated by a rule triggered by an on_page_load event...?
Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

In my scenario, I use a rule to change the value of another read-only text field by using
SELECT '
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event