Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

financial summary settings

Highlighted
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

financial summary settings

Does anyone know where the financial summary settings are stored for assets & proposals such that I can create a query to audit which requests have their costs set to roll up and which are set to manual?

6 REPLIES
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Re: financial summary settings

I hope it is stored in 'Actual_roll_up_code' in FM_FORECAST_ACTUALS table. 

I tested in PPM 9.14.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Awesome, thanks!

AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I know this is an old topic, but the 9.20 documentation states the following for the ACTUAL_ROLL_UP_CODE column:

Used for UI to show actuals when the screen loads. In PPM Center 8.00, used for the default state. After first load, settings are stored elsewhere. This is ported over from PPM Center 7.5.

Do you know where exactly is elsewhere? :) I am trying to locate the 3 magic checkboxes in the Financial Summary Settings for which HP has not provided configuration options for defaulting.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hi,

After some research I found the following:

- Setting: The proposal is for a project that tracks capital costs. Database column: FM_FORECAST_ACTUALS.CAPEX_OPEX_ENABLED

- Setting: Calculate the forecasted labor costs from the staffing profile: RSC_STAFFING_PROFILES.IS_SYNCH_BUDGET.

The Financial Management User Guide only discusses about Financial Summaries for the Project phase, and nothing about Proposal phase.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
SandraL
Occasional Contributor

I came accross this old quesiton when looking for somethign else.  Did you find what you needed?  If not, I may be able to help.

We had the same issue here (that the Proposal Financial Summary defaults do not work for us).  We must always have the "Calculate the actual labor costs from time logged against the proposal request" enabled to ensure all our costs roll up.  The PPM default is that it is un-enabled so time logged does not roll up. 

I had our service provider (ResultsPositive) create a portlet to display the Proposal FInancial Management settings so that we could audit those settings that our project managers didn't remember to set correctly.

Kari Vannieuwen
Occasional Contributor

Could you tell me table/column that contains "Calculate the actual labor costs from time logged against the proposal request"?  We are looking to do a similar type of audit

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event