The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

example of code in WF execution step for external Web Service command

Highlighted
kev marks
Regular Collector

example of code in WF execution step for external Web Service command

I’m currently trying to write an implementation to integrate PPM and a third-party product (Remedy) through the use of web services. We are on PPM 7.1 SP4. butf from the Mercury 6.0 service-oriented architecture document, I can see that it is possible to access web services from the work flow (in the case of the SOA document, the PPM service). My initial plan is to call the Remedy web services at certain steps of a workflow. However, I can’t find any documentation about this use of the workflow. Is there any documentation on calling external web services through workflow commands?
Does anybody have an example of the code they put into the Workflow step for any type of external web services command?
Thanks
Kevin
3 REPLIES
Sevilay
Collector

Re: example of code in WF execution step for external Web Service command

Hi Kev,

did you solve the problem?

Because i'm experiencing the same problem now.
i'm trying to call a web service from the ppm workflow as following :

ksc_local_exec C:\DemandServiceTest\DemandServiceTest.exe "Demand Service Test" | "HIGH" | "LOW" | "ABC" | "DATE" | "PROJECT_RISK"

i gave the static parameters for easiness.
But it didn't work.it gives the exit code 128 error.
i run the same web service from the .net environment with the same parameters and it worked .

Thanks.

This is how we call our exe.

ksc_local_exec C:\RemedyIntegration\CMRemedyTicketWS.exe |REQD.REMEDY_FIELD|[REQ.REQUEST_ID]|[REQ.VP.REQUESTOR]|[REQD.P.REQUESTOR_DJ_ID]|[REQ.DESCRIPTION]|[REQD.VP.REQUESTOR_USERNAME]|[REQD.P.START_DATE]|[REQD.P.END_DATE]

Can you send us a screenshot of the workflow execution step?

Also in the log file does it provide more description of the error? Not sure what the error code means.

Louise Yi
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Sevilay
did you solve the problem?

Because i'm experiencing the same problem now.
Do you have an example of the code they put into the Workflow step for any type of external web services command?
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event