The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email notifications

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
nadir a
Occasional Advisor

email notifications

Hi,
I am new in the usage of ppm, and i would like to now how to disable the emails notifications.
Actually, we are using demands management module, and we have a plateform that we uses for tests.Is it possible to disable emails notifications without modifying workflows?

Nadir
5 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Re: email notifications

Hi.
May be this help you:
Tab "Edit my profile" --> Dismissible Message Dialogs
Good Luck
Rich Y_1

Nadir,

If you want to stop all e-mails then edit the server.conf and set the following to an invalid server.
#
# This is the hostname of the SMTP-compliant mail server which is the
# gateway for email notifications.
#
#
com.kintana.core.server.SMTP_SERVER=.com
nadir a
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
Thanx for your responses,
Alexander, i don't really understand your reponse, maybe the response of Rich is closer to what am searching for, but i do ever try it. The problem was that after modifying the server.conf file,using kConfig.sh, it was impossible to restart the PPM server, we don't know why. It seems that there was a conflict made by RMI with a port that was not free; so we decided to rollback. After severals attemps we managed to restart the server. But now we would like to avoid to restart it, so my intervention was consisting in knowing if it was possible to disable email via the workbench, without having to restart ?
Thanx a lot
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor
Solution

You need to understand why you had trouble restarting after modifying the server.conf file. Run diff on the two versions to see what was changed. You will need to stop and restart PPM periodically (vendor recommendation is to do this at least monthly). You can also make simple changes like this by editing the server.conf file directly, then running kUpdateHtml.sh. Some configuration changes can only be made this way. If no port changes were made, you may have some other process that occasionally uses this port.

We disable email notifications in non-production instances by clearing the email_address field in the user entries in the knta_users table. We do this manually directly on the database. Users that are testing notifications can have the email addresses reinserted.
nadir a
Occasional Advisor

I will update the table KNTA_USERS, it seems to be the best solution.
Thanx for all !

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event