Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

email notification problem

Highlighted
eata
Super Contributor.

email notification problem

Hello;

We have a workflow running correctly in production. But a week ago it suddenly could not send email to project sponsor in one state. There were no errors in web page. We did not change any thing.

Is there any one who faced with the same problem?

Do you have any solution suggestion?

Thanks

12 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: email notification problem

The workflow itself is obscured so I cannot tell if this is causing your problem, but I do see that the notification has the box 'Don't send if obsolete' selected. This is selected by default for notifications on Eligible. If another step becomes eligible after this step but before the notification service processes this step, the notification will be suppressed. This happens easily when parallel paths in the workflow are executing concurrently. It will also occur if the step is exited before the notification is generated.

You can run the Notification History Report to see what notifications have been generated for the request. If the notification was generated properly, you will need to check out your email infrastructure to see what it did with it.

dlinetsk
Super Contributor.

When our notifications stopped working, it turned out that our SMTP server configuration has been changed.

eata
Super Contributor.

how can I run the Notification History Report

eata
Super Contributor.

one more question

Is there any tuning for preventing sending email notification in a work flow?

Disable senind notification for this work flow?

AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

you can run the notification history report in the Reports area - menu options vary based on the version of your implementation.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

there is no native setting to enable/disable notifications for a specific workflow.

What you can do (but this is not supported by HP) is to disable all notifications from a specific workflow in the database.

cheers

alex

eata
Super Contributor.

Hello Alex;

Thank you very much for your patient help.

I found notification history report. How can I run it?

I am sending screenshot below. PPM version 7.5 with service pact 6.0

AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi, eata,

log on to the WEB GUI -> Reports -> Submit a Report -> Administrative Category -> Notification History report.

From there you can select a bunch of options - I would recommend to first select the ID of one problematic request.

Remember to kudo to people who help solve your problem.

cheers

alex

eata
Super Contributor.

Thanks your patient help.

I follow the path:

reports > view reports

I selected notification history report

But search returned no result

Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

Your search returned no results because the report has never been run on your system. Instead of selecting View Reports, you need to select Create a Report. Then, follow Alex's directions.

mohdebas
Valued Contributor.

Hi Alex,

Could you please provide any script or related document supporting to the instruction provided below. I am having a similar requirement and am looking for some kind of insight. Please suggest.

Currently am on PPM V9.12.

Thanks!

Regards

Debasish

AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi, Debasish,

you can make use of the KNTA_NOTIF_REFERENCES_V view, which displays all notifications configured for workflows. Based on the DDL of this view, you can create an update statement for the KNTA_NOTIFICATIONS table to set ENABLED_FLAG = 'N'.

let me know if this helps.

! don't forget to commit the changes :)

cheers

alex