Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating portlet preference field validation

Highlighted
bugra
Super Collector

creating portlet preference field validation

Hello,

I am creating a stacked bar chart portlet which is showing user efforts with role of user. In this portlet, I cannot make true validation for Role in  portlet preference field.

I want users choose the role in portlet preference field, but how can I create this validation and combine this validation to this portlet.

Also, I have the sql view, which is combined all username, role, effort. Maybe validation will be created in this view too.

Can anyone  help me ?

3 REPLIES
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Re: creating portlet preference field validation

Hi Bugra,

I have tried to describe with 3 screenshot to defining of  portlet preference field.

1. Workbench/Data Source click filter fields tab and add a field.
  2. Workbench/Data Source click data source tab and edit query. In query definition window, click where/filter tab, in filters fields box click new. enter query as showen in sceernshot 2. format: [VP.your filter token name]
  3. Finally, Dashboard/Edit Portlet click preference fields tab, you can see your field there.

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
bugra
Super Collector

Thank you Celil, i know how to create portlet preference but I cannot create totally correct validation.

For the roles, I created a dropdownlist validation and listed all roles manually.I works correct.

But I want to use dropdownlist validation with sql.

You can see the problem in the attachments. In validationpage, I created a dropdownlist with sql which shows years and months like '2011/10'  and in filterpage I combine with year.

But  in portlet view, I cannot choose years, ppm shows year area blank. (you can see portletpart.jpg)

Celil
Esteemed Contributor

At the bottom of the portlet definition page there is Use Bind Variables option box. Please try separately YES and NO (which one solve it I can't remmember)
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event