Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we avoid the override step comes when we create a reuest type from workflow step.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Phanishwar
Collector

can we avoid the override step comes when we create a reuest type from workflow step.

Hi,

When we create a Request type from a workflow step , we click on action button then it goes to another page their we have get two action button , one that we define at WF step and other Override. Can we escape this step .Means not next actionbuttons directly request type should be created after clicking the forst action button.

Thanks,
Phani
14 REPLIES
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Re: can we avoid the override step comes when we create a reuest type from workflow step.

Can you show the snap of the request page which have override buttons?

Regards,
Mahendran M
Bobby M
Super Collector
Solution

Re: can we avoid the override step comes when we create a reuest type from workflow step.

Hi Phani,

I hope you are referring to the 'Bypass Creation' button appearing on the step when you use execution step in the workflow for workflow event 'create_request'.
This step cannot be skipped in side the page because by default this execution step is a Manual(Processing type) step. Also you will be prompted to enter the request type on the next page if you specify more than one request type or not specified a single one in the allowed request types inside the properties tab of the workflow step.

Thanks
Bobby
Phanishwar
Collector

ya you are right.

But when we create a project from WF step using create_project command we do not get this addtional step .project is created directly.
can we use create command for request creation that can avoid override step.do we have create request command for request creation at WF step.

Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Change the execution type to 'Immediate', If you not using multiple RT for a WF.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Bobby M
Super Collector

ksc_create_project is not a workflow event, its just a special command. Using this command you pass some details along with project type. In project type your request type is configured, so straightaway it creates that project with the RT.
But here its not a special command its a workflow event and it doesn't have 'Immediate' option, thats why being an execution step the page waits for manual action.Hope this helps.

Thanks
Bobby
Phanishwar
Collector

Thanks ALL!.

I got the difference..I checked we dont have any command like we have ksc_create_project command to create request type on the exe WF step.If it is there we can skip that page.Let me know do we have such command in PPM7.1 or PPm 7.5

Matias Lavorel
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Phani,

Have you seen the ksc_copy_request functionality? It is similar to the ksc_create_project: instead of creating a project, it creates another request without user intervention.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Matías

Hi Phani,

have a look for the following setting in server.conf:

#
#
# This setting controls whether or not users can bypass execution
# when they are eligible to act on a Workflow Step in a Package or Request.
# If 'false', a user will always have the option to bypass an execution
# when they are eligible to act on it. If 'true', only users with
# the Package or Request Manager access grant will have this privilege.
# Valid values: true or false
#
#
com.kintana.core.server.RESTRICT_BYPASS_EXECUTION_TO_MANAGERS=true

This should do the trick

Kind Regards,
Michael
Phanishwar
Collector

Thanks!!.Let me check these options.

Can you tell me how can I use the ksc_copy_request at WF step. I mean I am new to command format.Do you have any sample format of it so that i can use it.

Do we need to step up source and destinations for it..can you provide an example please ksc_copy_request command
Phanishwar
Collector

Hi All,

I tried the ksc_copy_request command it does not work as it is used to copy the request for it is called. I have a project from which I call this command from WF step or Request type COMMAND TAB it says it cannot be used for request having PFM Field Group..basically it uses the [REQ.REQUEST_ID] token of the request type of which we use the workflow..so it will copy the that request ..not create the another request type..

Micheal,

If I change this server level parameter it means it will effect the whole system..there would not be any override step for all request type we have on our server...or we can do this setting change for specific requests....
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Hi Phani,
You cannot create a Project with ksc_copy_request.

If you can show the snap of the execution step and the error in word, it will be helpful for analyzing.

Regards,
Mahendran M

Hi Phani

Sorry, I only know this server wide setting.

Kind Regards,
Michael
Phanishwar
Collector

Hi,
Thanks!...Please find the attached screenshot which shows were exactly we have to avoid second page...A request type is being created from WF of a project.
Phanishwar
Collector

Summary of issue!..

We can create a project from a project using special command..so a project is created automatically without asking for option to take some action..similary if we create a request type from a project using built in event of WF "create Request" fron exe step of the workflow...we get a page to take action then q request is created...the issue to avoid the action page ...so that a request is created automatically just we do for a project creation...

Thanks !!...There is a business need to avoid this page..is there any workarounf for it!!.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event