The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can´t finish ppm 9.10 installation

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Leodegario_1
Acclaimed Contributor

can´t finish ppm 9.10 installation

Any time I want to install ppm 9.10, I receive a message that says that there is an error in the database ending, i don´t know what is happening
9 REPLIES
TurboMan

Re: can´t finish ppm 9.10 installation

Do you have any screenshot or log information?
Leodegario_1
Acclaimed Contributor

I have here the installation log, I hope this can be usable to determine what is happening.

Hi,

I had a similar error while I tried to install a PPM 9.1 test instance on 64bit Suse Linux.
Finally I solved it with using a 64bit JDK instead of the supported 32bit.

Regards
Volker
Daniel Galvez
Collector
Solution

Hi Leodegario,

This is a new installation or an upgrade? Because it seems that you have some problems with your media installation (the downloaded installers) or maybe (it happened to me) your database schemas are not properly created.

Kind regards,
Daniel
Leodegario_1
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi everyone:

Thank you for all your help, finally I can solve this Issue, my ppm 9.10 installer was damaged, I had to install ppm 8.00 and after that I did an upgrade to 9.10, and this solved my problem.

Greetings
M13
Regular Collector

Hi everyone,

Am facing the same error. Is there any alternate solution other than installing PPM 8 then upgrading to 9.1.

Otherwise what is the point of having a PPM 9.1 installer in the first place???!!

Looking forward to your replies,
Thanks in advance,
M
Daniel Galvez
Collector

Hi All,

I can install without any problem PPM 9.1 directly (not upgrading...)
The md5 sum of the file downloaded from HP is 0fcc91b811274b93f64f653861952343.

Kind regards,
Daniel
amar321123
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi  we have PPM 8.0 installed on windows 2003 , oracle 10.2.0.4 ,documentum 6.5sp1 on windows 2003 server.

These three servers has been expired.

we want to upgrade PPM 8.0 to PPM 9.10 as part of new windows server 2008.

we have three new servers with 2008 r2 4bit. i have installed ppm 9.10 application, oracle 11g, documentum 6.5sp2 on new servers.

Now i want to migrate all entities schemans... documents  from old system to new one withtout loosing any date so that users will be using new system.

if i install 8.0 and upgrading to ppm 9.10 means... windowns 2008 and oracle is not compatable on the destination.

Please sugesste me what is the best approch in this?

amar321123
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi  we have PPM 8.0 installed on windows 2003 , oracle 10.2.0.4 ,documentum 6.5sp1 on windows 2003 server.

These three servers has been expired.

we want to upgrade PPM 8.0 to PPM 9.10 as part of new windows server 2008.

we have three new servers with 2008 r2 4bit. i have installed ppm 9.10 application, oracle 11g, documentum 6.5sp2 on new servers.

Now i want to migrate all entities schemans... documents  from old system to new one withtout loosing any date so that users will be using new system.

if i install 8.0 and upgrading to ppm 9.10 means... windowns 2008 and oracle is not compatable on the destination.

Please sugesste me what is the best approch in this?

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event