Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autopopulate tables in a request type in PPM?

Highlighted
SIMI SIVARAJAN
Super Collector

autopopulate tables in a request type in PPM?

In HPPM, what kind of trigger can we  use to auto populate details from one form to another form without any manual intervention.

For Example,

I have a request type A and a request type B.

Request type A is a standalone form and captures some of the information from request type B in a tabular format.

When form B is filled and submitted, the tables in form A should be auto-populated with the values from form B.

NOTE: Form A is filled and submitted and the table is empty. Form B is created at a later point of time.

7 REPLIES
mike_se
HPE Expert

Re: autopopulate tables in a request type in PPM?

Hi Simi,

I believe this KCS article may help: KM356140

Basically, use the Web Services to update the Request B's Table Component.

-Mike

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
mike_se
HPE Expert

Or the second option could be to use the Tokens.

This KCS article would help with that way: KM186332

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

Tokens are a good way to extract values in a table entry. I am not aware of any way to use them to store values in a table entry or to create a new table entry, though. ksc_store does not work with table tokens. We are running 9.14 but I have not seen anything that indicates this has changed in later releases.

mike_se
HPE Expert

Oh ok, yes that is true (thanks, Jim).

I looked in the Support Database and it does look to be the case (see below).

Looks like the client used custom sql to get around the limitation. This is a KCS article that discusses the sql to query for the a Table Component's data in a Request: KM186314

"For your request, the answer is you can't update/populate a table component with ksc_store. Ksc_store doesn't work with table component. For table component, we use a syntax like this TC_TOKEN_NAME.TE="1".VP.FIELD1_NAME to specify field 1 of the first row. However, a command like ksc_store TC_TOKEN_NAME.TE="1".VP.FIELD1_NAME="some value" will fail, because when parsing the command ksc_store will take 'TC_TOKEN_NAME.TE' as the token name and '1".VP.FIELD1_NAME="some value"' as the value."

“HP Support
AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is only a complicated way to achieve your requirement, which involves 2 steps:
1. Make use of sn automatic step to insert the values in KCRT_TABLE_ENTRIES.
2. Make use of an automatic step to call ksc_local_exec in order to force the PPM server to refresh the table entries cache. As I remember, there is no flag to clear only the table entries cache, so you will have to perform a full clear of the application server cache.

There is a long-standing enhancement request raised to HP, both for copying table entries when creating a request from another request, as well as for support for table entries via web services. Until then, you can make use of the solution suggested above.

Cheers
Alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

When we modify table entries with SQL queries, we clear the Table Field Entries cache and the modifications are displayed immediately. In version 9.14, this is cache number 8.

SIMI SIVARAJAN
Super Collector

Thanks for all your  replies.

My issue is resolved. We have developed Database functions to update the table component of a request type with data coming from another associated request type.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event