The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automaticly updating user data in task of work plan

Highlighted
MuadDib
Occasional Advisor

automaticly updating user data in task of work plan

Hi,
I'am new in this forum and if there is an answer for my problem please let me know, where can I find it.

My problem is, that I have to automaticly update User Data defined in a task in work plan (these are additional information stored in task about resources). Normaly I would use the "Rules", but in this case I can't do this. The information in those User Data fields in task should be changed every time when resource is changed.
Do anyone have any suggestions?

MuadDib
2 REPLIES
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Re: automaticly updating user data in task of work plan

Hi MuadDib,

You could use oracle triger ability.

Oracle run a triger in oracle when task's resource changed. This triger call a Update SQL that update task user data field with approriate data.

You can run triger for "when a table insert/update occured" and than you can get new value. You can use this new value to update approriate user data in WP_USER_DATA table.

This link talk about triger usage: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/appdev.111/b28370/triggers.htm

regards,
Celil
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
MuadDib
Occasional Advisor

Re: automaticly updating user data in task of work plan

Hi Celil

Thank You for reply.
We tought about using oracle trigers, but there was one reason that we decided to not use this database methods.
We wanted to avoid modification of database scheme because we have in plans an upgrade of our PPM from v.8.00 SP2 to v.9.11. This could complicate this upgrade.
Thanks very much for the link :-). It is very useful for us.

Regards,
MuadDib
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event