Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

apply / show demand id in the project site

Highlighted
Ramazan1
Super Contributor.

apply / show demand id in the project site

Hello,

I have a very simple case, but don't know how to do it.

Short description: We create a demand and go through the workflow. At the end of the demand-workflow we create a project. The Project gets  a new ID (Project ID). This Project ID is different than the Demand ID. Now I am asked to create a new field in the project site and let show the Demand ID there.

How is it to do? I am a little bit confused, because the project manager, who also investigated a lot of time into HP PPM, told me to consider the special command "ksc_create_project". Maybe it is easier to do with the special command than creating a new field, etc..

But do you have an idea, how to do this? The following is inside the special command "ksc_create_project"

---

ksc_create_project

REGION_ID="[REQ.P.KNTA_REGION]"

PROJECT_NAME="[REQ.VP.KNTA_PROJECT_NAME]"

PROJECT_TYPE_NAME="[REQ.VP.KNTA_PROJECT_TYPE]"

PROJECT_MANAGER="[REQ.P.KNTA_PROJECT_MANAGER]"

START_DATE="[REQ.P.KNTA_PLAN_START_DATE]"

FINISH_DATE="[REQ.P.KNTA_PLAN_FINISH_DATE]"

REQUEST_ID="[REQ.REQUEST_ID]"

---

Thank you and regards!

4 REPLIES
penoles
Super Contributor.

Re: apply / show demand id in the project site

I would suggest add a new field in project details and add workflow step at the begining of project workflow to populate this field with the Demand ID.

Ramazan1
Super Contributor.

Hi,

thank you for your answer. I also thought to do in this way.

Now I created the field for the Demand ID. But don't know what to do in the workflow. Do you have a short description?

Regards,

Ramazan

Mohit_Agrawal
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Ramazan,

What you can do is: Create a new field called Demand ID and also create a RULE that will populate the value of actual Demand ID into the new Field. Keep this field invisible until the Demand becomes Project.

When demand becomes project and the Project ID is created then just make this new field Visible (For this, Set Visible in the Status Dependency tab at that particular status when Project is created).

So now you have both the Demand ID and Project ID with you.

PS: If the post resolves your issue, please give KUDOS and mark it as Accepted Solution.

Thanks!!

Mohit Agrawal

penoles
Super Contributor.

the demand id can get from knta_references_v, and set the new field with a command step in workflow execution step.

select source_id

from knta_references_v

where

source_entity_id=20

and target_type_code=6

and ref_relationship_id=16

and target_id= [project_id]