The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advanced defaults for portlet - ENTITY_INFO ???

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Sascha_1

advanced defaults for portlet - ENTITY_INFO ???

Hello,

we are using portlets with advanced defaults like participant fields, which uses the "USER_INFO".

In addition, i try to understand the usage of the advanced default "ENTITY_INFO"

What does this default mean?

Best regards,

Sascha

3 REPLIES
dirkf
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: advanced defaults for portlet - ENTITY_INFO ???

HI Sascha,

taken from a knowledge-doc:

The ENTITY_INFO value is used by PPM to populate these filter (preference) fields with the value stored in the DB where the column of the table in the filter in the data source is doing reference. This is an automatic process.

For example you want to display some information about projects, so you add a filter to restrict the result to a specific project, so if you use the filter you will get just one resource and if you don't use it you will get all resource. If you add the portlet to the dashboard you can fill the filter but you can not configure the portlet advanced default options because you don’t have an entity for reference. However, if you add the portlet to the project overview layout for example you will be able to use that option.

Here is an example:

This is the data source:

SELECT kr.request_id REQUEST_ID, kfpp.project_name PROJECT_NAME, kr.description DESCRIPTION

FROM kcrt_requests kr, kcrt_fg_pfm_project kfpp

WHERE kr.request_id =kfpp.request_id

And this is the filter named "Project Id" that I add to the data source

and kfpp.prj_project_id=[P.PRJ_ID]

When I create the portlet definition filter "Project Id" will become a Preference field with the same name.

If I add the new portlet in the project overview layout and I configure the field in the advanced section to "ENTITY_INFO", the portlet automatically will get the value of the project Id that is in the screen (prj_project_id)

This is very useful because you can add the portlet to a "Project Type" in the project overview layout section, so all your new project will have the portlet and since you configured the fields in the project type so automatically the portlet will show the respective information for each project.

Best regards,

Dirk

Celil
Esteemed Contributor

HI Sascha,

Here is another resource on enclosed about it.

Celil

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
erik_c
Regular Collector

LOL...I recognize that document....

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event