cancel

Workplan - task details - scheduled duration NaN value

Highlighted
Łukasz Czech
Super Contributor.

Workplan - task details - scheduled duration NaN value

Hi,

My workplan changes scheduled duration value to NaN when:
- changing schedule constraint from as soon as possible to any value for tasks with no assigned resources
- changing Changing to Automatical Control from Controlling Scheduled Effort Manually in task details Resource tab
making it unable to Save the task. Details in attached file.
I Use Scheduled Effort during planning in Project settings Costs & Effort tab.
Anyone had similar problems?

Best regards
Lukasz Czech
4 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Workplan - task details - scheduled duration NaN value

Hi Lukasz,

Sounds like a bug.

NaN = Not a Number. I think it's having a problem with your number format being 40,00 instead of 40.00

I'd contact support on this one.
Łukasz Czech
Super Contributor.

Erik,

40,00 instead of 40.00 is fine as this is system (OS) setting for decimal separator (Regional settings - as we have in PL) so walues can be stored like 40,00 (it's also fine from DB perspective).
Something is wrong with scheduled effort calculation when changing manual to automatic calculation in task details but i'm not sure what it is.

Lukasz
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

I agree that 40,00 is a valid regional setting, that's why I think it is a bug in the scheduled effort calculation.
Johannes Y
Respected Contributor.

We had a similar problem, it was due to using a non-english language in IE as default. To test change the default setting in IE to english and check if the problem occurs. If it doesn't let me know and Ill find the one-off we recieved to fix the problem.

/Johannes