Workflow: Time specific mail notification

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
RRK_19
Regular Collector

Workflow: Time specific mail notification

Hi,

I need to send a mail notification mail to users at a particular time, say when sysdate = date-5 (date is a field in request type).

For example: if date = 23/07/2013, then a mail should be sent on 18/07/2013.

Can anyone tell how this can be achieved via decision / execution step?

Thanks,

Roopesh

8 REPLIES
mike_se
HPE Expert
Solution

Re: Workflow: Time specific mail notification

Hi Roopesh,

I believe you will want to use the scheduling of the Workflow to trigger a notification.

In the Demand Management Configuration Guide, there is a section "Configuring Timeout for Workflow Steps". It says:
"To specify a token to resolve to the workflow step timeout value (instead of the default timeout of the workflow step source):"

Can trigger notifications on Events (like a Field Change) and Reminders can be sent, though I do not see a feature for scheduling a Notification dynamically like you want to do (so could log an Enhancement Request if you like).

-Mike

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hi,

We are achieving the same requirement by using custom notification framework, which is based on scheduled PL/SQL procedures.

Cheers
Alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
RRK_19
Regular Collector

Hi ,

Could you please send me more details on how you are achieving it?

if possible sample codes..

Thanks,

Roopesh

AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hi,

unfortunately I cannot share the code.

However, we are using the following:

- a custom PL/SQL procedure, which is scheduled to run at specified intervals. The procedure checks the entities that comply to the requirement (such as active requests which passed a specific step, and for which specific step is due in x days from sysdate).

- the procedure then calls the Oracle UTL_SMTP package to send the email notification.

- for debugging, troubleshooting as well for audit purposes, we have also implemented a logging mechanism.

The above approach provides basically all required flexibility in terms of email notifications on top of OOTB PPM features.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
ldw969
Acclaimed Contributor

I just did this - I added a hidden field to my request type - used an execution step to populate the field with the number of days in which to send the  notification (in your case date-5), and set the timeout on the decision step to the token for the field (in days)

Kushalch
Super Collector

hi ,

We have a requirement where we need to close the request after 7 days of approval date how can we achieve in workflow? I have used a hidden field where I have stored the date after 7 days. But the timeout is not working on token .

ksc_itg_run_sql QUERY_STRING="SELECT to_char(SYSDATE + 7, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS') FROM DUAL"

ksc_store REQD.P.P_DATE_FIELD_TOKEN=[SQL_OUTPUT]

in the token based timeout do we need to use the token of hidden filed storing number of days. how to calculate the no of days in that token?

please suggest

vignesh_lingam
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi,

Did you try this:

SELECT (to_char(SYSDATE + 7, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS') - SYSDATE) FROM DUAL

Regards,

Vignesh

Kushalch
Super Collector