Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Workflow Integration

Highlighted
lesterL
New Member.

Workflow Integration

I have created a IT development workflow in workbench... is it possible to integrate this workflow to project management? 

intention is, so that i can integrate resources (resource, costing, scheduling, etc)

is it the right way to do it?  i'm new to PPM and has not fully tuned with how the 'Whole' HP PPM modules work...

3 REPLIES
Shammi_Bhatia
New Member.

Re: Workflow Integration

Hi,

Are you using PFM project request type with your custom workflow or you have created a new request type with this workflow ?

In case you are using PFM- Project, you need to align this workflow with the request type which you can do by setting up a rule in the request type for default workflow.

In the other case, if you have created your own request type other than PFM Project, then you have to change the settings in the Project Types.

Search for the Project Type you want to align with this worklfow. Then from the left menu, select request type. In the field 'Project Process Request Type' , put the name of request type and thats it.

All the projects (of this project type) will follow this request type /workflow.

Regards,

Shammi

Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi lesterL,

In PPM approach, generally, there are two kind of work type. Projects and Small Works. Projects are design with PFM-Project, Small Works are design with only Request. In addition to that you can grade Projects as (example) Big projects, Small Projects. But still you must use PFM-Project in design.

If I were you first I separate work types. For example, If a work is executing as project you must create PFM-Project. So, there is no jargon as "integrate a workflow to project management"

Is it clear?

Celil
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi LesterL,

You can integrate any workflow with the existing Project Management workflow, but to achive the same you need to midify the Project Management workflow.

To integrate, there are serveral options available with-in the tool.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)