Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Workflow Action Buttons not available for eligible actors

Highlighted
JodieOndrejka
Super Contributor.

Workflow Action Buttons not available for eligible actors

Scenario: A PM creates a Project Risk, fills out all the required fields, and presses the Complete workflow action button to go to the next step which is 'In PDL Review'.  The security on the WF Step 'In PDL Review' does a lookup on the Project for the resource in the PDL field.

The Status area for Approval Details shows the correct resources that have action for the workflow step. 

If there was a resource in the PDL field in the Project when the Project Risk went into 'In PDL Review' everything works great.  

PROBLEM: If the resource in the PDL field changes when the Project Risk is in the 'In PDL Review' step, the Approval Details in the Status area shows the correct resources that have action for the workflow step.  However, there are NO ACTION BUTTONS available for the current resource in the PDL field (actor) and the previous resource in the PDL field (former actor) still has the action buttons available.

The Workflow Timeout Reaper Service is running every 30 seconds.

I even ran ,/kRunCacheManager.sh A and that made no difference.

Does anyone know how to get the workflow action buttons to display correctly in this senario?

2 REPLIES
pepdwill
Honored Contributor.

Re: Workflow Action Buttons not available for eligible actors

Have also experienced this scenario many times.

Hitting the save button on the request should make the action buttons appear (it forces a re-evaluation of the security tokens, I think).  Not sure if this would be considered a bug.

JodieOndrejka
Super Contributor.

Re: Workflow Action Buttons not available for eligible actors

Interesting work around.  It worked when I did the save as the creator of the request, but not as the resource (actor) that had the action buttons missing.  Thanks for the tip!

I do think this is a defect, but submitting any tickets seems to be a black hole so I'm trying to see if anyone has an answer before I submit a ticket. ;)

Thanks again!