The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why work plan planned (labour or non-labour) costs are not rolled up in the Financial summary table?

Highlighted
Aussie_Fred
Occasional Advisor

Why work plan planned (labour or non-labour) costs are not rolled up in the Financial summary table?

hi team,

the following question is really bugging me and I cannot find any guide or online litterature offering a clear explanation:

HP PPM 9.22

I must say that we are NOT using Staffing Profiles on our platform. Yet Time management is enabled and actuals from the work plan are correctly rolled up in to the Financial summary table.

I am attaching the Project Cost details print screen as illustration. We can clearly see that actuals from the work plan are listed under the Financial Summary, while the Planned costs ain't.

Why is my question.

Many thanks in advance,

Fred

1 REPLY
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Re: Why work plan planned (labour or non-labour) costs are not rolled up in the Financial summary ta

Hi,

Technically, the answer is that it's that way by design. Only staffing profile forecast labor costs roll into the financial summary, and only actual non-labor costs roll from the workplan.

I don't get their logic, and I've found it to be quirky & unsatisfactory as well.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event