Why users can't add project task into their timesheets ? URGENT

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Sevilay
Honored Contributor.

Why users can't add project task into their timesheets ? URGENT

Hi again,

there is a project which's planned end date is over 2 weeks ago (January 2010).In fact the project was done.But project is created now because of some problems.And the work plan is active.The dates of the tasks in the work plan are past (belong to January) .Users are assigned to these tasks in the work plan.In their dashboards they see the tasks in My Tasks portlet and can edit hour and completed percentage in the portlet but they can't add this tasks in their timesheet neither the past nor the current timesheet.Besides when they want search the tasks in this project by add task item in the timesheet,they can't even find the project name so they can't see the tasks.
When they edit tasks in the My Tasks portlet,"Go to timesheet" link is not seen and they don't find this task in previous timesheets.

i wish i can explain the situation correctly.

Thanks in advance .
4 REPLIES
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Why users can't add project task into their timesheets ? URGENT

Kindly check up what is the status of the task and the master Project line in the WP.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Gary Rubinstein
Respected Contributor.
Solution

You should also check the Project Settings to ensure that Time Sheeting against this project is ticked. These settings are normally global against the Project Type but they can also be controlled at a project level if they are not locked down.

Regards,
Gary
Sevilay
Honored Contributor.

Hi Gary,yes you are right.in fact i know this setting but it has been out of my sight.

Thanks again.
Sevilay
Honored Contributor.

From the setting in Cost & Effort policy with the help of Gary's post.