Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Why a resource group created by me doesn't appear in the default time approver combobox?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Sevilay
Honored Contributor.

Why a resource group created by me doesn't appear in the default time approver combobox?

Hi,

i created a resource group and added 2 users.
When i wanted to assign this resource group as a default time approver it didn't appear in the combobox of the default time approver.
is it related to access grants ?
In fact i do this as a workaround of another problem.We need a superlative user who can watch and track every timesheet of the every user.This superlative user shouldn't edit or change the timesheets but only see and track them.This superlative user is not a resource pool manager or director of any user.But in PPM there is no way to do this, i think.
Therefore i found a solution by creating resource groups and then set the time approver of all the users these resource groups.Of course i must add this superlative user to every resource group additional to resource manager of the person.So both resource manager and this superlative user can see the timesheets but only the resource manager can approve the timesheets.To handle this problem ,i add this superlative user to another security group which has only view timesheet access grant.

Sorry for the long description.

Thanks in advance.

This is urgent.
4 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Why a resource group created by me doesn't appear in the default time approver combobox?

Hi,
in the security groups there are 4 checkboxes below the name and the description of the group. The 4th is disabled by default, did you enable it?
Which release are you running?
Sevilay
Honored Contributor.

Re: Why a resource group created by me doesn't appear in the default time approver combobox?

Hi Sacscha,

yes all the checboxes are checked.We are using PPM 7.5.
By the way when i copy from the PPM - Billing Manager security group (this can be seen in the default time approver combobox),the newly created one is also seen in the combobox.I checked all the access grants and gave them to the old security group which is not a copy of it.But it still isn't seen in the combobox.i don't understand the reason.
Anyway,by copying the existing security group i can make it to appear in the combobox.i solved this problem.But this time another problem arise,my superlative user (it is added to this copied security group) can't still see any timesheet.

Any idea?

Thanks.
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Strange, as soon as I change the 4th flag in the group it appears/disappears in the selection list in the resource's TM config.
Maybe caching issue?
We are running 8.0.1 but I don't think this is making a big difference here.
Sachin M
Respected Contributor.
Solution

Hi,

This seems to be a View All time sheet issue access grants issue.

The following fixes (identified by a tracking number) are included in Service Pack 6:

3604695178, 3604597920: Time Management
PROBLEM:
A user with the View all Timesheets (Summary Info Only) access grant cannot see any time sheet data when generating time management reports, such as Time Sheet Summary and Actual Time Summary.
This issue occurs when NONE of the following conditions are met:
â ¢ The user entered the timesheet
â ¢ The user is the timesheet line approver
â ¢ The billing type is User and the user is the billing approver
â ¢ The billing type is Group and the user is a member of the group that is the billing approver
â ¢ The user is the manager of the person who entered the timesheet
â ¢ The user is a delegate of the person who entered the timesheet (204484)

Hope this will help you in solving your issue.

Thanks,

Sachin