Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do we need to restart PPM?

Highlighted
sam.greg

When do we need to restart PPM?

Hi,

I have admin privileges on PPM. I would like to know, what are the scenarios/situations where we might need to restart PPM server? Do we need a restart for only deploymental changes? Is it required when we change configuration from workbench/website?

If we have any document covering all these points will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sam.
4 REPLIES
Sangiliraja_1
Collector

Re: When do we need to restart PPM?

Hi Sam,

You may need to restart the server when the server.conf is changed. You may need to refer to PPM Admin guide for places whereever u need a restart. Also there are places when kJSPCompiler.sh is executed.

It depends on the change which you are implementing to the system.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
Niraj Prabhu
Frequent Visitor

Sam,

Ideally for any patch fix from HP, you will have to restart PPM instance. For any changes on server.conf to take effect, you will have to take PPM instance down and execute kUpdateHtml.sh command and then start the instance to see the changes.

Let me know if you have specific situation where you need to decide if restart is needed or not. We could help you if it is needed.

Thanks!
Niraj
Niraj P.
sam.greg

Thanks.

So, as I understand for any changes that we do either from web access login or workbench do not require any restart.
However, if there is any manual changes in server.conf then we will have to restart.

Thanks guys. Closing the thread, but please let me know if my understanding is incorrect.

Regards,
Sam.
sam.greg

Thanks Raja and Niraj.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event