The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the most effective way to notify package have been deployed to a given environment

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
djuncews
Occasional Contributor

What is the most effective way to notify package have been deployed to a given environment

We are using PPM Deployment Management to migrate code up to certain instances.  Within the package, how should we do the notification that the code for all lines in a package has been deployed to a given environment?

I don't want to send out a notification for each package line, but I don't want to complicate my workflow either.  Is there a setting that prevents the same message from being sent multiple times within a given time period?

FYI ( I have tried to download the documentation but the site is not available)

Please advise.

Dan Juncewski

5 REPLIES
Ryan Proctor HP
HPE Expert

Re: What is the most effective way to notify package have been deployed to a given environment

Hi Dan,

I think the answer you are looking for lies in the Conditional step called LAST_LINE available in deployment management workflows.   The condition should evaluate to true for the last package line that reaches the step so perhaps you could put your notification based on the "true" result of that step.

Never tried it, but that seems like it should work.

Hope that helps.  By the way there is also a FIRST_LINE condition as well as a SYNC condition that will stop all lines in a package until they all reach that point in the workflow.

There is some more information in the Deployment Management Config Guide if you can get to it now (hopefully).

Thanks,
Ryan

bzdafro
Collector

Re: What is the most effective way to notify package have been deployed to a given environment

Answer above is correct.   Sync is probably what you want, in the event users cancel lines inbetween etc.

PPM_dynamic_use
Regular Collector

Hi..

You can use Sync step, we have used it. Once all the package lines cross a particular environment. Configure the notificattion after sync step.
djuncews
Occasional Contributor

With Sync,

What happens when a step needs to be failed back before the sync step?  Does the workflow step expect all of the lines to be back at the sync step?

Same with First or Last Line.  Is the last line to go to tnext workflow, or if we fail a middle line back and repush it, does it look for a new last line to croos the step?

Thanks for you responses.

Mohit_Agrawal
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Hi..

When using SYNC

You can bring back the required line. It is not expected to bring all the lines back. Once done with the pushed line, you can move it further through the SYNC step.

You can put "Rework Required" arrow at the step from where you want to push back.

Same with the first and last line sync.

Regards

Mohit

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event