Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weirdest Issue: HP PPM Table Component decreases row count by 1 on edit and save

Highlighted
ChandrajitRudra
Occasional Contributor

Weirdest Issue: HP PPM Table Component decreases row count by 1 on edit and save

Hi All,

Recently, I happened to come across a weird issue in HP PPM.

Scenario:

1. Create any Table component with one of the Columns as a Number column (Mandatory). 

2. Add 2 Rows and Save.

(Result: Table component Notes Section shows as ... changed to 2 Entries; which is perfectly fine) 

3. Edit one row and change the Number value. Note that we are not deleting any row.

(Result: Table component Notes Section shows as ... changed to 1 Entry; This should not happen. Table component should show up as 2 Entries because I just edited one numeric value in a row.)

I have already confirmed on my end, that this is not happening due to any custom code on 3 different environments.  

PPM Version: 9.14.0007

Any ideas why this is happening? Or, what to look for as the root cause?

I suppose this is not an HP Bug coz such an issue would have been easily noted in the past.

Regards,
Chandrajit Rudra
2 REPLIES
dirkf
Honored Contributor

Re: Weirdest Issue: HP PPM Table Component decreases row count by 1 on edit and save

Hi Chandra,

I did find something which may apply to you but may not be easy to locate.

What you might try to see is if you have a field that uses a different batch but the same parameter as that of the TC-field  in WB. If so, check if the field used outside of the TC has a rule configured in the request type to clear something if a certain action issaved.

Example:

You have a field 1 using batch 1, parameter one. This field is NOT in the TC.

You have a field 2 using batch 2, parameter one. This field IS in the TC.

If you now have a rule in the RT that sets field 1 to be cleared somwhere in the RT status dependency for a status, then when you step to this status, the rule will clear both fields.

There is a defect open for this but I cannot say if it is related or not. Have a look but if you are not sure or cannot locate such error, log a ticket with HP Support.

Hope this helps - good luck.

Best regards,

Dirk

- Kudos always welcome -

ChandrajitRudra
Occasional Contributor

Re: Weirdest Issue: HP PPM Table Component decreases row count by 1 on edit and save

Yes, Dirk.

Raised a Ticket with HP. 

They also have a QC logged against this one. QCCR1L47084

Regards,
Chandrajit Rudra
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event