Weird Actual Effort value

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
roxor
Honored Contributor.

Weird Actual Effort value

Hello everybody,

I saw one screenshot - Resources tab in Task Details. User has there 39.75hrs in Sheduled Effort and 39.75 in Actual Effort. Now resource found that this was bad task, so he in last timesheet booked -39.75hrs (negative value) for this task, TS was approved and I would say that it is fixed. But it is true:) 

From this time we have in Resources tab in Task Details 39.75hrs as Sheduled Effort and 3975.00hrs as Actual Effort. I would say, that this is weird. I have tried to remove -39.75hrs from last time sheet but Actual effort only raised to 4014.75hrs!

Moreover when I was investigating users time sheets, I have found that in all old time sheets he never had booked 39.75, but only 34.25hrs for this task...

Any ideas will be appreciated:) For me it seems, that PPM crashed somehow when it was trying to get 34.25-39.75 as task actual effort. But anyway, I don't know how to reset these thousands in Actual effort. We are running PPM 7.5...

Thank you very much.

Kind regrads,

r.

2 REPLIES
Kerim KILIC
Honored Contributor.
Solution

Re: Weird Actual Effort value

hi roxor,

did you try rerun tmpmsync, with that may be it fixes corrupted data. the procedure like

update pm_work_plans set source='NEEDS_TM_SYNC' where project_id=....

then run kPMTMSync.sh with project id parameter.

and also there is a report available through HP which fixes corrupted data for all projects.
roxor
Honored Contributor.

Re: Weird Actual Effort value

Hello Kerim,

you were right! thanks a lot. kPMTMSync.sh was the clue.

Anyway I found interesting your last note about report which fixes corrupted data for all projects. What is it and where can I find it please?

Thank you very much.
r.