Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Services - Get ALL requests

Highlighted
JulianBrowne
Acclaimed Contributor

Web Services - Get ALL requests

Hopefully this is a quick and easy question to answer:

I've built a simple web service client to extract basic information from PPM (V7.5). What I would like on the main page is to have a list of requests that the user can select from.

DemandServices getRequests will allow me to extract information for one or more requests, as long as I already know the id number(s).

Is there an alternative call (or another way) to extract *all* accessible request ids, which I can then use to feed getRequests as needed?

Thanks

Julian
4 REPLIES
Shravan Kathuri

Re: Web Services - Get ALL requests

Hi Julian,

We are also trying to use PPM services. But we re using PPM 7.1 SP5.I have written client code for this, but iam getting "Remote host closed connection during handshake" error while running.

We are using webservices url starts with "https://" and using siteminder.

Can you please tell me how can we call web services?

Thanks
Shravan kumar.K
JulianBrowne
Acclaimed Contributor

Sorry Shravan but I don't think I can help.

Not only am I using a different version of the product, but it's also not secured with SiteMinder. Added to that, my client is written in Ruby on Rails so any code I have will be completely different.

Can you connect to the database using your code? If yes, then make a connection to the database and run a sql command like

select request_id
from kcrt_requests kr,
kcrt_request_types krt
where kr.request_type_id=krt.request_type_id
and krt.request_type_name='Request_Type_Name_here'

This should run against the database, store the request id's in a variable for each loop and you can then utilize the getRequests call and display the list of requests to the users.

JulianBrowne
Acclaimed Contributor

Thanks Nisha - that had crossed my mind (that and screen scraping id results from a RequestSearchResults.jsp call through the std UI).

Thanks for the SQL though. It will save a lot of time if I have to go that way. I guess the absence of a getAllRequests call isn't so surprising: access to one probably raises issues around user accounts/licenses and ease of migration to competing tools.

Cheers

Julian
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event