The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way to get the transaction History of the Staffing Profile Dates

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Shravya
Occasional Advisor

Way to get the transaction History of the Staffing Profile Dates

Hi All,

I have created a staffing profile 'Test-by Sravya' and its start date :Jun 1,2013 and End Date: Sep 30 ,2013.Added certain positions also to the staffing profile.

Later I have reduced the End Date from Sep 30, 2013 to Jul 31, 2013. There is a data loss as soon as the dates are reduced.

Again I extended the end date from July 31, 203 to Jan 31, 2014. The data which is lost in the previous change is not recaptured and shows blank.

I need to know if there is any way I can get the lost data or any transaction history of the lost data.

Attached is the document which inovlves the screenshots of the testing done.

Please advice on this.

Thanks,

Sravya

2 REPLIES
Shravya
Occasional Advisor

Re: Way to get the transaction History of the Staffing Profile Dates

Can anyone please suggest the way to get the lost data or is there anyway where the data is stored?

Thanks,

Shravya

dirkf
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Way to get the transaction History of the Staffing Profile Dates

Hi Shravya,

the fact that pushing out Staffing Profile start date into the future or Staffing Profile end date into an earlier date loses the entered data that is now outside of the past dates is known and documented. This is partially due to the fact that committed or soft-booked resources don’t automatically have the capacity to work the same demand in a different period that was originally allocated to them. It needs to be replanned. However, the issue should, as far as I’m aware, only be present for forecast (planned) data and NOT for already committed ACTUALS.

There are two enhancement Requests already logged that should show warnings / confirmation requests for the pushing of Staffing Profile dates, especially if going outside of project start and end dates, which are available publicly on Self Solve Online.

QCCR1L50319

And

QCCR1L49161

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Dirk

-        Kudos always welcome for solved posts -

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event