Variouse button for variouse users

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Variouse button for variouse users

Good Day for All.
I need do any validation for WF ster wich view variouse button for variouse users.
For example: if logon User 1(security group1) hi see 2 buttons(b1 and b2), if logon User 2(sequrity group2)hi see 1 button (b1). Can you attach exaple of SQL validations.
Thanks in Advice
10 REPLIES
Mahen M
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Variouse button for variouse users

I had a look at the Decision step Validation, there are no options for making a validation value seen only by a specific Security group.

I also had a look at the Transition Step Properties, I couldn't find any.

Please check with HP Support, They may have some workarounds. Kindly let us know if you have any success. Good Luck.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Sascha Mohr_1
Esteemed Contributor

You could have two (or more) WF steps in parallel with different security settings.
Erik Cole_1
Esteemed Contributor

You could also do this by using a single Action Button to move the request but having an autocomplete or list validation be your "buttons" by providing the options for your transitions. You could make the validation SQL key on [SYS.USER_ID] to provide different options to different people.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Erik, Do you have a sample Auto-complete validation Query which Includes the User ID system token?

Can we use Security group token?

Regards,
Mahendran M
Erik Cole_1
Esteemed Contributor

Sure, look at any of the seeded validations with "(restricted)" in their name...they usually have some SQL restricting values by [SYS.USER_ID]

To see if the user is in a specific group, maybe use something like:

where exists
( select 1
from KNTA_USER_SECURITY us
, KNTA_SECURITY_GROUPS sg
where us.user_id = [SYS.USER_ID]
and us.security_group_id = sg.security_group_id
and sg.enabled_flag = 'Y'
and sg.security_group_name = ''
)

Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

Sascha, assuming only one of the parallel steps should be allowed to execute, how would you disable the others when one is used?
Sascha Mohr_1
Esteemed Contributor

Restrict each of the steps to the appropriate users or groups and bring the workflow together with an OR-step, so only one needs to be executed.
If you need to have only one enabled at all, you will need an execution step that does the routing. Look in one of the seeded workflows for a step called priority router as an example. I think it is the DEM - Bug workflow (it has a German name in our instance).
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

I interpreted the initial requirements a bit differently than what you are describing. Different users need to see different sets of buttons. If this is done with parallel workflow steps, common buttons could go to an OR step like you say, but unique transitions could not go to a common OR step. Also, I am assuming that once a user clicks one of the buttons available to them, all of the other users should not be allowed to click another button. In other words, only one button should be clicked among all of the parallel steps. How does a user clicking a button for one enabled step disable all of the parallel steps available to ohter users?
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for all. I'm opened ER in HP support.
Good Luck
himanshukumar
Super Collector

I think Erik has suggested a beautiful solution and a single decision step would serve the purpose. Create the validation of the decision workflow step as autocomplete which would return the values based on the logged in user.

Thanks!
Himanshu
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event