The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable Date fields in Dashboards

Highlighted
Ryan Grobler
Regular Collector

Variable Date fields in Dashboards

Hi All

I am wanting to find out if there is a variable date field in the 'Request List' dashboard; I want a dashboard which shows me projects with a date between Today and Today+* weeks; but I am tied into giving a value for the day.

Does PPM have a concept of 'Today' when it comes to the date fields?
5 REPLIES
DANA SWANGER
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Variable Date fields in Dashboards

I haven't been able to find anything like that, so I have written custom portlets to do this.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Which version of PPM you are on? We can do some work arounds if you are on PPM 7.5 or above.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

What version of PPM you are on, If you are on 7.5

There is a rule event called "Apply on Page Load"

Please see whether it fires when ever you refresh the Page, Use the below Query as SQl.
I have not had hands on 7.5 on this functionlity.

SELECT "[SYS.ITG_TIME_STAMP]","[SYS.ITG_TIME_STAMP]" FROM DUAL

Regards,
Mahendran M
Ryan Grobler
Regular Collector

We are on v 7.5 - the only issue with that field is that we need to reload the project pages and we have 200 odd items we'd need to do that on to get the portlet working correctly.

I've never written a portlet, is there a dummy's guide on how to do it?
Dana Swanger_1
Super Collector

Here is a manual on creating portlets. http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM450732/binary/PPM7.5_CreatePM.pdf?searchIdentifier=-4e240451%3a125afdf8a07%3a66e2&resultType=document

It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it. You put your database query in to the data source, with the filter fields being additional statements that can be added to the where clause (aka your preference fields), and then create the "front end" that the users will see with a portlet definition and connect to two together.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event