Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using PPM with iPhone and Blackberry's and other Mobile Devices

Highlighted
Jaylen Smith
Regular Collector

Using PPM with iPhone and Blackberry's and other Mobile Devices

Has anyone configured their PPM instance to work with mobile devices such as an iPhone or a Blackberry?

I'm thinking of two scenarios. The first one involves a user receiving an email notification and having the ability to access PPM via their mobile web browser. (I'm not a web expert but would be curious to know if this is posible).

The second scenario would involve a user not accessing PPM via the web browser, but having the user respond to a request via email and then PPM executing the next workflow step by that user's email response.

Any feedback would be appreciated. thanks.
5 REPLIES
Sanjay Valiyave
Super Collector

Re: Using PPM with iPhone and Blackberry's and other Mobile Devices

Hi Jaylen,

I am from Patni Americas, an HP Software silver alliance partner and we have a mobility solution for HP PPM that enables approvers to take action on request workflows via BlackBerry devices and other smartphones.(see attached writeup)

We are listed on the HP PPM Solution catalog and also on the HP website:
http://h21007.www2.hp.com/portal/site/dspp/menuitem.5179cc2b5bf6406ac6713f8da973a801?productId=23980&fromCat=

I'd be happy to give you a demo of our solution anytime - let me know when you have about 45 minutes to an hour. You can mail me or call me on 314 409 4840 and I'll set it up.

Regards,
Sanjay
314 409 4840
Sascha Mohr_1
Esteemed Contributor

Hi. I remember someone explain a special ops solution from HP prpfessional service where a user could reply to a mail from a blackberry etc. with the number of the workflow action he wants. So if options ar "approved" and "not approved", "1" would be "approved" and "2" the other.
We never evaluated this solution in detail though as it would mean the approver will not have a look into the request and the approval would be worth much less (based on less info).
Regarding the direct access: an older Blackberry cannot display the pages correctly, a new one or an iPhone might. I will test this with an iPhone in the next week propably.
Sascha Mohr_1
Esteemed Contributor

Working with requests is OK using an iPhone; did not try to work on a workplan with it yet, but I would not want to do that on the small screen anyway.
Karen Dicks
Occasional Advisor

Patni developed a PPM plug in mobility solution. HP supports it.

If you need more information, please contact me via email: karend@mjm.com
Jaylen Smith
Regular Collector

Received recommendation to contact Patni.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event