Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Users not able to view results of Portlet

Highlighted
Katy Cabral
Respected Contributor.

Users not able to view results of Portlet

Help!

I created a dashboard module/portlets that pull in a single request type. i pushed the dashboard out to a user group, but when they click on the page, all portlets show no results found, when i am able to see multiple requests. Within the workbench, the request type does list this security group on the users tab for creating/editing/viewing rights. additionally, if the user does a search for this request type, he is able to view. Am i missing something?
12 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Users not able to view results of Portlet

Hi Katy,

Did you maybe use the My Requests portlet and it is restricting results to requests assigned to the user?
Katy Cabral
Respected Contributor.

Hello,

i am using the "request list (expanded)" portlet.
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

What PPM version? Can you screenshot your module settings?
Katy Cabral
Respected Contributor.

Hello Erik,
Thank you for your help. we are running version 5.5. Here are the settings for the portlet. I'm not sure what you mean by the "module" settings.

Thanks,

Katy
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

I was thinking in 7.1, it's been a while since I've messed with 5.5. Not sure I have any other ideas.

If you - as one of those users - create your own portlet with those same filter prefs you get results?
Katy Cabral
Respected Contributor.

Hi Erik,

Yes, i pushed the same module out to myself and also tried creating a portlet manually and i can see the results. I am sure there is a security issue somewere, i just can't put my finger on it!

Thanks for your help.

--Katy
Lizabeth
Super Contributor.

Katy,

Is their any security settings on the Request Type? Is it Participent Restricted?

Thanks
Katy Cabral
Respected Contributor.

Hello,

On the user access tab, the security group in question is listed with the appropriate access. I'm not sure about participant restriction, but i think that applies to project requests or packages? This is just a standard request type...

Thanks,
Katy
Lizabeth
Super Contributor.

Katy,

Can you try a few things -

1. If you search for requests, Do you see data, if you filter by 'Request Status' and 'Business Line' as selected in the module that you have attached above?

2. Do you see data in My Requests Portlet, with the same Request Type?

3. Are you using the Request list(Expanded) portlet for any other type to show data? Does it show results there?

Participent restriction was a check box on the Request Type in Kintana 5.0 and was wondering if you have it in 5.5. too.

Thanks
Katy Cabral
Respected Contributor.

Hello,

Please see responses below:

1. If you search for requests, Do you see data, if you filter by 'Request Status' and 'Business Line' as selected in the module that you have attached above?- I tried this and was unable to see the requests.

2. Do you see data in My Requests Portlet, with the same Request Type?- I cant test this because the reuests wouldnt be created by or assigned to the user group in question. they are looking for read-only access.

3. Are you using the Request list(Expanded) portlet for any other type to show data? Does it show results there?- Yes, and the requests do show up. I have compared both request types and workflows, and the security is all similar.

Participent restriction was a check box on the Request Type in Kintana 5.0 and was wondering if you have it in 5.5. too. -Was this on the main screen for the request type or on a particular tab?

One strange thing i did notice was that the users are able to Create-->request--> and select this request type from the drop-down?
Lizabeth
Super Contributor.

Katy,

Point 1 above answers your question, though you can search requests, but you cannot for the criterias that you have selected. And thus the Portlet shows no data.

Thanks
Katy Cabral
Respected Contributor.

Thank you.

do you know what setting i need to change to reverse that??