Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User specific dashboard pages - portlets personalization

Highlighted
Łukasz Czech
Collector

User specific dashboard pages - portlets personalization

Hi, I've dificulties in creating personalized Dashboards for users (as administrator). I've created Dashboards for various roles that display project and requests portlets. I want these portlets to display only user specific data (projects & requests assigned to logged user) - I can do that for some portlets e.g Request List - option Eligible for My Action set to Yes, but I cannot do this with other Project related portlets - Project List, Health, Timeline. I can only set Project Manager value but it will not depend on logged user and display the same projects for all users.
6 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Re: User specific dashboard pages - portlets personalization

Hello Lukasz,
usually you would check the appropriate field in the advanced settings of the portlet, but for the portlet types you mentioned these options are missing (here: version 7.1SP6). This is the first time I realize this as we use custom portlets almost exclusively.
Looks like you will have to create portlets based on custom data sources that filter based on the current user ([SYS.USER_ID]).

@all: is this functionality still missing in 7.5?

Regards
Sascha
Auristela Oxman
Acclaimed Contributor

I have problems with creating personlized dashboard pages. All of our machines except for the BAC Gateway server get a Windows Internet Explorer [Object Error] window when trying to add portlets. Any ideas on what settings I need to change?
Elad Feldman
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Guys,

I'm having a similiar problem with the object error.

Is there something can be done?

Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

Auristela and Elad,

Can you try with Firefox? Does it come in that also? If not, its sure IE issue, check the compatibility to make sure the version and/or patch is also correct for IE.
Auristela Oxman
Acclaimed Contributor

Hello,
Firefox did work for the HP Consultant that was here setting up our BAC environment. We are running the correct version of IE. We have tried IE 6 ad IE 7.
Elad Feldman
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi

Unfortunetly I'm unable to install firefox on my cutomer's PC's.

Is there something i need to change within IE in order to make it work?

I've expirienced the problem on 4 diffrent computers, some run with IE 6 and some with 7 and the same problem appeared.

The thing is that I've also done it on the server itself(RDP) and it happened there as well.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event