Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User has lost MS Project File, hence association

Highlighted
Adam Cimino
Acclaimed Contributor

User has lost MS Project File, hence association

Hi,
I have a user who has lost the original MS Project File, when integrating with their Project in PPM. Since then, time has been recorded against it. I am trying to create a new association, with their current MS Project file, but I cannot find a way to delete the old work plan, or even overwrite this. I have modified the integration settings, tried exporting the plan to MSP to create a new link, but have found no way to create a new association. Has anyone else had this issue before? And if so, how was it resolved?
2 REPLIES
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

Re: User has lost MS Project File, hence association

Hi Adam,

You won't need to delete the workplan in PPM or do anything else. You can just do the following,

1. Name the new MSP file same as the earlier one.

2. Put the new MSP file in the same location as it was before (same machine same folder).

This should work. The above steps are just make it easy, infact you can move the MSP to any other location and still sync with PPM. If this doesn't work, then let know and I can write down each detailed step to re-integrate the lost MSP with PPM.
Abdullah Rafiq
Regular Collector

Re: User has lost MS Project File, hence association

Hi Darshan,

Can you please send me the instructions if the above points do not solve the issue?

Thanks,
Abdullah
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event