Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User edit of Role and Skill information

Highlighted
Johannes Y
Regular Collector

User edit of Role and Skill information

Hi all,

We would like for our users to be able to edit their Role and skill information themselves. Prefferably in a similar way as the users can edit their personal calendar information. Is this possible at all? I have not been able to find any user rights that indicate that. (Obviously we do not want to open up the other tabs on the "View My Resource Information" screen).

Any thoughts on how to achieve this, would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Johannes
5 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Re: User edit of Role and Skill information

I think it impossible i.e.only Direct mamger can edit resources if he have "Edit resources what i manage" access grant
Johannes Y
Regular Collector

That is what I was afraid of, potentially one could build a request workflow for it?

/Johannes
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Hello Johannes, that would be a good way, to create a simple request that displays the current values and lets the user change them. The workflow would probably consist of a single execution step.
Role aasignement is stored in rsc_resource_roles and the skills are in rsc_skill_proficiency. Unfortunately the second table seems to use the hibernation functionality, so data should not be updated manually in this table.
Regards
Sascha
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Don't forget to consider that Role info might have an effect on how things are costed as it is often used in FM Cost Rules....
Johannes Y
Regular Collector

Good point Eric, in our case for the moment though we either handle costing on individual basis (external recources) or on organizational level (internal recources). But if we would like to change that in the future it would need to be handled.

/Johannes
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event