User defined tokens are not resolved in workflow security

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Łukasz Czech
Collector

User defined tokens are not resolved in workflow security

Hi,

this topic emerged several time but I could not find an answer for my problem.
I have a field with username that I want to make eligible for approval specific workflow step.
Field has a value, but it's token is not resolved to value in approval details of the request.
See details in attachment.

What is more I have noticed strange behaviour in notifications. Notification in first step is resolving tokens properly to values. However second step (after approval of the first step) with exactly the same notification, show, for some tokens (but not for all), token names instead of values.

Any ideas what can bo wrong?
I do not have such problems in other requests - only in this specific one.

Best regards
Lukasz Czech
10 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Re: User defined tokens are not resolved in workflow security

Å ukasz hi!
You need use this string [REQ.P.] 'user id' or [REQ.VP.] user name.
It's realy working!
Łukasz Czech
Collector

Hi Alexander,

I know it should work, it is working in many of my requests, but please see screenshots - it is really NOT working :)
If the field was empty, there should be no value in approval details, but there is token name shown which means it is not resolved.
This situation could only occur if token is not defined, but it is as shown in attached doc.

BR
Lukasz
Kalin Petrov
Super Collector

Hi Lukasz,

I saw that the user field that you've defined has a "text - 40" validation. What will happen if you don't provide a valid user_id or username in that field then, there's no way that PPM could match it to it security model... it could be the source of your problem, why don't you test the behaviour with a dropdown list and a PPM Users validation?

Règàrds,
Kalin
Łukasz Czech
Collector

Hi Kalin,

thank you for your remark. Please note that field with validation "text 40 " is readonly, its value is populated from another request that has Auto complete list validation for this field (PPM users list), so there is no way for a mistaken value (non existing user).
However I followed your suggestion and changed validation from text to auto complete list (with PPM users list), but it did not help - token is still not resolved in request approved details.

Lukasz
Raj Ghimire
Occasional Visitor

Can you try REMOVING that USERNAME secutity type in the Security Step and only leave USERID Security for Project Manager and see if that works ?
And Of course I would suggest using Validated field for the Project Manager as suggested above. Does the Auto-complete validation that you are using has seq 1 as USERID and seq 2 as FULL_NAME in the Column Header section?

Plus, I hope the user that you are copying from somewhere Exists (Enabled).
Thanks.
-Raj
Łukasz Czech
Collector

Hi Raj,

yes, user exists (see attached file with DB queries). I've tried with user_id security only, with no change.

Best regards
Lukasz
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

I have been able to make this work in 7.5 SP6 with a field using the validation "PPM - User Names - All". The field is populated with a ksc_store command in an execution step. The field is configured for Multi-select and multiple users are given access with the one token.
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Lukasz HI.
May be it help you:
if you use text fiel as security then you nee use 1 token p.. or vp. i.e in text field this p and vp have same value. Try check in [req.p.] as user_id and enter in this field user id value.
Good Luck!
Łukasz Czech
Collector

Alexander,

you were right - text field has both P & VP values the same. So setting this field to username/user id only solved the problem.

Notifications problem seems to be not related - sleep command (after command execution and before email sending) solved it.

Thank you.

Best regards
Lukasz Czech
Łukasz Czech
Collector

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event