Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User cannot progress Development Requests when they are in "Ready for Merge" status

Highlighted
sam.greg

User cannot progress Development Requests when they are in "Ready for Merge" status

Hi,

We have configured our servers for HP- PPM server version 7.1.0 SP8 on Solaris.

We have a development request workflow in which Business Owner, Business sponser, Project manager and third party owners are present.

The workflow moves/carry forwards whenever the assigned task is completed by clicking either one of the following buttons (in Demand Management)

Complete or Rework or Cancel

All users are configured for access and with appropriate permissions. All of them are able to perform their actions from the available actions except one. I am trying to find what, is this a configuration issue or anything that is missing?

Please help! Please sugesst me if you would like me to perform some test to confirm the issue.

Thanks in advance

Cheers,
Sam
9 REPLIES
Jyotir ++

Re: User cannot progress Development Requests when they are in "Ready for Merge" status

Hi Sam,

What type of security setting you are using :

1.Are you suing hardcoded security group ?
2.Are you using Token to resolve the username?

If you are using hardcoded security goup make sure that user is present in that security group and please check in workbench that security group is eligile to perform actions as well.

And if you are using Token based security then please check you are using token in right way and it is geeting resolved or not?

Hope this will help you.

Back Again,
Jyotir
sam.greg

Re: User cannot progress Development Requests when they are in "Ready for Merge" status

Hi Jyotir,

Thanks for your reply.

I am a newbie in PPM administration. Can you please tell me how and where do I check which security settings our server is using?

Also where do I find the options to change or tweak the security or token entities?

Thanks

Cheers,
Sam
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

You have to go to the workflow, Right click on the workflow step and click 'EDIT' a new pop up will appear.

There will be a tab called 'Security' It is where the Security group and Token names are defined.

The user specific security group are defined in SYS ADMIN ->USERS. After opening the user profile, there is a tab called 'Security Groups' This is the place where you have users Security groups.

The Tokens will be defined for every field in Request type and Request Header type.

Regards,
Mahendran M
sam.greg

Hi Mahendran,

There is no group mentioned under security tab. Please find attached snap for your reference.
Also, I would like to add - this user can see or perform actions on anyother workflows. Its something like only at this particular stage he is not able to proceed further because no Action button is visible on his profile. (Please refer the snap posted earlier)

Thanks

Cheers,
Sam
sam.greg

Here is what I did based on above conversation:

>Opened workbench administration
>Selected configuration tab
>Selected Workflow tab
>Queryied the request type
>Opened the request type
>Opened the target stage where we suspected the permission issue
>Clicked context menu option - Edit source
>Clicked popped dialog for Edit
>Added the security group
>Saved the changes

But still after this that particular user is not able to see any action buttons. ???

I just want to make sure that this user is able to see action buttons when request moves in to this stage. And he should be able to perform next steps.

Any thoughts on this?

Any thoughts on this?
Jyotir ++

Hi ,

Please do the following checks:

1>User is added in that security group or not?
2>Make sure that specific security group has "Edit" action on request Type.

Hope this will help you.

Back Again,
Jyotir
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Yes Sam, You have to add the Security Group or the Username in the Workflow Security tab to view the action buttons.
Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Deep Mehta
Regular Collector

Hi Sam,

Before doing any modifications to workflow, Please verify the following :

1. Does the user have the same security group assigned to him?

2. Does the user have same access grants as others ? ( Remove and reassign security groups again if you do not want to check line by line)

3. Is the user added as resource in request type? (Is he listed in one of the Business Owner, Business sponser, Project manager and third party owners fields ?)

Let me know if you need help in verifying these points?
sam.greg

Thanks Jyotir and Mutthu. It got resolved.

As per your steps, I permissioned the group under security and it worked.

Thank you.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event