cancel

User Data in Line Item

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Andrew A
Frequent Contributor.

User Data in Line Item

I am trying to find out if it is possible to add a custom attribute to be viewable at the line item level. I see I have User Data at the package level, but I am curious if user defined attributes can be added to line items. I also see User Data at the Object Type level, will this be viewable on a line that is of that Object Type?
6 REPLIES
Gaurav Mittal
Trusted Contributor.

Re: User Data in Line Item

Hi Andrew,

Are you referring to Timesheet Lines here?

Regards
Gaurav
Andrew A
Frequent Contributor.

No, lines within a package. So for example I have package 12345 and it contains 10 lines. Only 5 of which are still active. I want to add a column on the lines that can show me a reference to say a defect number in which that line came from. so say line 1 is version 1.3 and 4 of the cancelled lines are versions 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2. I want to be able to look at the lines and reference an ID of a defect that was fixed in each revision.
Andrew A
Frequent Contributor.

So in this case the ID would be a user defined field, but specified for each line, not for the entire package. I am trying to determine if that is possible.
Gaurav Mittal
Trusted Contributor.
Solution

Go to Configuration -> User Data -> Package Line User Data

Adapt this package and mention the additional unique specifier which you want and it will be visible while you are creating a new package. Let me if its not clear.

Regards
Gaurav
Andrew A
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks for the post. Let me get with my admin team and look into this. I will let you know if this resolves the issue.
Andrew A
Frequent Contributor.

I would like to clarify one thing, as I am unable to see these menus and am having to relay this information to another team. You said "and it will be visible while you are creating a new package." Did you mean to say that it will be avilable when adding a line? I want to be able to add data to this field at the line item level.

In the Package Line User Data menu, what options are available for creating the field? Can you reference any documentation on this because I have been unable to find any in the documenation I have.

Thanks!