Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Urgent Help Requested: Disable License after DB refresh

Highlighted
Alex Madison
Respected Contributor.

Urgent Help Requested: Disable License after DB refresh

Hello,
We refreshed our development environment from production through a database refresh. After this refresh, I updated the database password and also changed it in Server.conf file. But I am still getting an error:
--> Server is not running! (Could not connect to rmi://TMCG-DEV-001:1099/Kintan
aServer)

I guess this might be a license issue as I would need to disable unnecessary licenses in DEV. Please let me know which table I should touch upon to disable these licenses....KNTA_USER_PRODUCTS?
Details of the tables and instructions to execute commands would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Alex.
6 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Urgent Help Requested: Disable License after DB refresh

Alex,

Your error messages should state something about licenses exceeded if that is indeed the case.

KNTA_USER_PRODUCTS is the correct table, you would need to delete entries such that the max rows returned for each license type <= the total licenses allocated to your dev box for that type. Be careful not to delete the ones for the system accounts from there - I usually delete from the highest USER_IDs (most recent users) down and exclude the USER_IDs of the kintana system accounts.
Alex Madison
Respected Contributor.

Hi Alex,
Anything else which might be causing the above error message display. I checked the above using sh kStatus.sh command.
Thanks.
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Lots of stuff. You need to take a peek in the server log for some more information.
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

After you updated server.conf, did you run kUpdateHtml.sh, then restart PPM?
Alex Madison
Respected Contributor.

Hi Jim,
kUpdateHtml.sh was run, but the service failed to start on the application server with the following message displayed when the status of the app server was checked in command prompt:
--> Server is not running! (Could not connect to rmi://TMCG-DEV-001:1099/Kintan
aServer)

Suggestions and troubleshooting steps are welcome and appreciated,
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

There should be messages in the log that indicate where the process failed. The log file is found in /server//log. If you have a license issue, messages will indicate this is the case.