cancel

Upgrading thru 8.0 to 9.1 question

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Mark_Gerke
Valued Contributor.

Upgrading thru 8.0 to 9.1 question

We are going to be upgrading to 9.1 this fall, so are working on our sandbox to test the procedure.   We see that we will have to run "ActualsOutOfSyncCorrectionScript.sql" to correct some information on time sheets.

Can we run this while people are on the system?  What would happen if someone updates a time sheet or a project task durring this script? 

We are trying to shorten the amount of downtime that weekend and would love to run some validation issues early.

Thank you all,

Mark

3 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Upgrading thru 8.0 to 9.1 question

When we do an upgrade like this, we first start up the application in RESTRICTED mode. This allows us to look everything over and complete any remaining steps before allowing users to log in. When everything is done, we switch back to NORMAL mode.

Mark_Gerke
Valued Contributor.
Solution

We will start in restricted mode as well.

I was not thinking.  To run the script I must drop the application.  So, if I want to do it the week before I would have 2 outages (run this script then a week later upgrade) and run the risk of someone causing bad data.

We will just hope the script runs fast.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Mark

erik_c
Respected Contributor.

I found it ran pretty quickly, but there were other data-fix scripts I had to run as well and they all wanted a reboot & restart upgrade in between. I had cloned PROD to test the upgrade, so I knew ahead of time all the fix scripts I needed and I just ran them all at once (in sequence) before even starting the upgrade script on the real PROD. :smileyhappy:

It will probably depend on how much TM data you have out there, and thus how many orphaned time sheet lines & bad data.