Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Upgraded PPM is showing more options under OPEN menu.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
PeterM1977
Valued Contributor.

Upgraded PPM is showing more options under OPEN menu.

Hello

Can anyone confirm the Open menu sctructure under PPM 9.31?. I can see the same items from Main menu under Open Menu. I didn't noticed this before. (screenshot attached.) In older version it starts with Demand Management.

I did al the java cache cleanup, JSPcompiler and UpdateHtml. I also tried another browser as well.

It's DEV env, we are testing the new version.

Thank you

Peter

5 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Upgraded PPM is showing more options under OPEN menu.

I am also seeing this behavior in 9.22 across two nodes on different hosts. One is correct, the other has the duplicate entries. I did a diff on the menu.xml files from both servers and they are the same. Wondering if this is a browser caching issue?

Jason Nichols K
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Check the menus directoy for extra XML files, like backup files.  I ran into this issue in the past where I made a copy of the menu.xml file and left it in the menus directory.  While the backup file was in the directory, I got the double entries.  Once I took the extra XML file(s) out of the menus directory, the duplicate entries went away.

Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jason for the win! We did have an old backup xml file there. Removing it fixed the issue.

PeterM1977
Valued Contributor.

yeah I can confirm as well :) Thanx

Scorpex
Super Contributor.

Hello Peter,

Would you be so kind and mark this as resolved if your issue has been resolved in order to help other people searching for solutions?

I know that when looking for something we'll probably click every possible post but having a nice check mark indicating it has been resolved will pop out and make searches easier.

Thanks!

Mig