Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from PPM 6.0 to 7.1

Highlighted
Padma Giridhar
Occasional Advisor

Upgrade from PPM 6.0 to 7.1

Hi folks

We are upgrading from HP PPM 6.0 to 7.1. Are there any tips or points to keep note of? Any inforamtion would be of great help.

thanks
5 REPLIES
Rich Y_1

Re: Upgrade from PPM 6.0 to 7.1

One thing that I'm working with Hp on right now. Make sure that if your installing on a HP Unix server your root has 300MB free or you cannot install. There is a bug in InstallShield that checks root instead of the PPM file system. So far the only workaround that I hear about is increase the size of root or remove files and get your free space about 300MB.
sconway
Collector

Thanks Rich
gmeyer_1
Occasional Contributor

Make sure you pay close attention to the documentation regarding the conversion of projects to the new 7.1 format and adhere to the recommendations made in that documentation.

If you are on Unix, we found a way to upgrade without increasing the size of our root directory. We updated 2 files within the "mitg_upgrade.jar" file.

The first file is "product.xml". Search for the following line:

and change to

The next file is "InstallCheck.class"

We changed the following from:

protected void setPassed(boolean flag)
{
if(flag)
{
status = 1;
} else
{
status = 2;
}
}

to the following:

protected void setPassed(boolean flag)
{
if(flag)
{
status = 1;
} else
{
status = 1;
}
}

Use the above at your own risk, but we completed successful upgrades from 6.0 to 7.1 on 4 Unix servers that had less than 300 MB available in their root directory.

I also definitely recommend refreshing your development environments from production, due to changes with projects and workplans. If you have projects with workplans make sure they are linked before you upgrade. This was not a required field for us, so Users did not always enter the workplan associated with their project, so we had a lot of clean-up to do before we upgraded production.
Chaitanya Ch
Acclaimed Contributor

hi Marlene Mazzeo
I have seen your solution as i am facing the same space problem in upgrade but i have searched and i havent got "product.xml" and "InstallCheck.class" file in the "mitg_upgrade.jar" file.Please suggest me the another way to solve this problem.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event