Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Upgrade Issue 7.5-8.00

Highlighted
Jahangeer Syed
Outstanding Contributor.

Upgrade Issue 7.5-8.00

I recently upgraded PPM 7.5 SP3 to 8.00.The upgrade finished successfully but the application is not starting after the upgrade.Attaching the serverlog file.Please let me know if anyone has faced similar problem after upgrade.
9 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Upgrade Issue 7.5-8.00

In one of the last lines you can find "ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied". I would run kConfig again and enter username/pw for the db there again.
Jahangeer Syed
Outstanding Contributor.

ran the kConfig.Also deleted the tmp and work folders.refreshed the service,compiled jsp,ran db stats.Im able to login to SQLPlus using the same credentials that im entering in the application through KConfig.Is is picking up the credential from some other file which also needs to be corrected apart from the server.conf?

Thanks!!
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

kConfig should do that when you exit it. You could run kUpdateHTML, but I don't think this is necessary for the db credentials.
Can you see any error in the console window of kConfig?
Jahangeer Syed
Outstanding Contributor.

yes,ran the kupdatehtml as well.I don't see any error on KConfig console.As per the log the its not able to deploy itg.war.Any thoughts on that?Attaching the upgrade log.
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

It' been a year since upgrading to 8.0 but I remember I once forgot to upgrade the JDK first. Don't remember what the error messages were but I see that you have a JDK 1.5.x on the machine, it should be 1.6.0_07.

In the upgrade log there is an ORA-01017 too, strange...
Jahangeer Syed
Outstanding Contributor.

we upgraded JDK to 1.6.x before the upgrade.I'm not sure why the log shows 1.5.x.The environment variables and path have been correctly set to reflect the upgraded JDK path.
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

The pre-upgrade script mentions an error (and some warnings); probably nothing to worry about, but do you know what it was? Did you fix it before running the upgrade?

Did you let HP support look at the logs yet? If it has anything to do with the upgrade process, maybe there is sth in their knowledge base.
Jahangeer Syed
Outstanding Contributor.

yes we fixed the errors before running the upgrade.case has been raised with HP.but no solution till now.
Daniel Galvez
Super Contributor.

Hi Jahangeer,

Did you see the file /D:/ppmdemo/ppm/server/Demo/deploy/itg.war/WEB-INF/web.xml ? It appears to be corrupted...
Please verify the size and the number of files in the itg.war file.
The correct size is 228.297.109 bytes and the number of files is 3667.

Let me know if you find something different.
Kind regards,
Daniel