Upgrade 6.0-->7.1: Upgrade Advisor installation

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Alexei Malinovs
Respected Contributor.

Upgrade 6.0-->7.1: Upgrade Advisor installation

Dear PPM experts,

We are upgrading 6.0-->7.1 and it is adviced to run Upgrade Advisor scritp before the upgrade. In the script documentation it is not explained how to install report to the system.

Documentaiton states:
"Import the “PPM_Upgrade_Impact_Rpt_60.zip” file provided in the bundle into ITG 6.0 using the Deployment Management module."

Question 1: My understanding that v6.0 has Change management module that was renamed to Deployment management in 7.1. Correct? At least Deployment management functionality looks almost the same as Change management in 6.0.

Question 2: I cannot figure out how to use Change management to install the report. Could you help me? Especially, I'm not sure which workflow to specify when creating a new package to install a report?

Any experience with installing Upgrade Assesment report into 6.0 would be appreciated!
5 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr_1
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Re: Upgrade 6.0-->7.1: Upgrade Advisor installation

Hello Alexei,
as to 1: yes same funcion different branding; as to 2: have you been using deployment mgmt in the past? I don't think there is an ootb workflow you could use. You need to create your own. Have you already defined your environment(s) and verified all connections work?
Erik Cole_1
Outstanding Contributor.

Alexei,

Yes, 'Change Management' has been renamed 'Deployment Management'.

Typically, for importing files like this you just use a workflow with the migration (execution) step set so both the Source & Destination Environments are your Prod environment.
Then when adding the package line, you select 'Import Only' and select the directory & filename of the report bundle. See enclosed picture for example.

Hope this helps.
Alexei Malinovs
Respected Contributor.

Eric, Schasha,
Thank yoo for the answers. We are doing as you proposed and so far everyting goes smooth. We have not yet installed Upgrade Assesment report so I will keep this thread opened for a while if I have more questions. Anyway points goes to you for the answer :)
Alexei Malinovs
Respected Contributor.

We managed to run upgrade assesment report. Thank you for support!
Alexei Malinovs
Respected Contributor.

Solution found. See above.