The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating validations without configuration license

Highlighted
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Updating validations without configuration license

Hi all,
this is a very common issue I guess. We have very few configuration licenses for the prod machines, but you need one of them to alter validations. Besides, we do have user admins, but they cannot access the validation workbench. I was wondering what would be an acceptable way enabling user admins to change some validations (primarily kind of master data in list validations).
Has anybody ever done this?
Regards
Sascha
2 REPLIES
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Re: Updating validations without configuration license

Hi Sascha,
We had a commonly updated List validation, We created a workflow and execute PL/SQL function as one step, and this step inserts rows into the lookup tables.

You can try to use webservice in place of PL/SQL functions. Hope it is the simplest solution available.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Updating validations without configuration license

That's what I started to work on. However a more general solution would have been nice. I can include fields in the RT for twenty user_data_fields of the validation, but I would need to set the field types during runtime.
Looks like I'll have to create one request type per validation; at least the request header type and the workflow are re-usable. I've done the workflow in a way it can do both update and insert.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event